Sunday, September 11, 2011

Starting over

This past week, I have been walking.  For someone who has never been a particularly good walker, this has been difficult.  First, I'm not used to seeing things go by so slowly.  Second, I'm not used to covering short distances so slowly.  But, at least, I have been getting out and moving around a bit.  I have walked around the Chambers Bay golf course 5 times in the past week.  And I did enjoy it, although I would have rather been running or golfing.  Oh well, it's something at least.  Today, I got back on my 'cross bike for the first time since surgery.  Since I am now planning to do the Wildflower triathlon, I figured I'd start riding it on the Computrainer.  After 40 minutes, I was done, not having gone particularly fast on the bike either.  But it felt good to do some work.

Tomorrow, I get my stitches out.  And then I get to start asking questions about what I can start doing.  I feel well enough that I want to increase the range of motion, but am a bit leery, because I don't want to mess up the handiwork that the surgeon did.  The good news is that I'll be itching to really start training again when I can.  The bad news is that this season will be over, and I'll be training for next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment