Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Titanium is still a magical ride

I ran a 5K last Saturday.  The good news is that I dropped 1 minute from my last 5K last month... I'm hoping that the trend continues.  It was a fun race, as there were a lot of people in costume.  I was chased for the entire race by women wearing reindeer outfits.  I managed to just barely be in front of all 17 of them.  Sheesh!  No way could I run that fast wearing a skirt!
Today, I went for a bike ride.  It was 60 and sunny, and it felt so nice!  I was riding my Arizona bike.  For a bike that I don't get to ride that often, it sure is nice.  The only aggravating thing on it are the rattling STI shifters.  But that's a small problem.  Otherwise, it's a sweet ride.  People say that the frame material doesn't make a difference, but a Ti frame, if it is made right, has a pretty special ride.  I definitely feel fortunate to possess the bikes that I have.

Since it has been a year since I rode here, I had forgotten how to get up north.  I ended up on a road with no shoulder and no bike lane, and quickly realized that I had made a wrong turn (or lack of turn, heading straight when I should have turned right).  Oh well, I found a way onto a much less busy road in a short time.  Then, it was pedal uphill into the wind until it was time to turn around.  And then... wheeee!  Downhill with a tailwind, spinning out for 5 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment