Monday, April 9, 2012

All dressed up and nowhere to go

What's worse than waking up before the crack of dawn to go for a swim?  Waking up before the crack of dawn and finding out the pool is closed!  I had good intentions this morning to swim, but it turns out there was an "issue" with the Lakewood Y pool.  Rats.  Wasted a good extra 1+ hour of sleep.

Last week was a trip, both literally and figuratively.  I was in Bend, OR for a few days and went for a swim.  Even though it's not a tremendously high elevation, Bend is at altitude.  I have enough trouble swimming that I don't need to be sucking air because the oxygen molecules are farther apart.  But at least it is a great pool and I had a good swim, 3600 meters' worth.   Other than my legs feeling a bit like concrete, my run in Bend wasn't bad.  I ran along the Deschutes River Trail, and it is quite scenic.  It's nice to be in the middle of town doing this, and feeling like you are a million miles away from civilization.  I also had a rude awakening, as I was passed on my run.  I'm not the fleetest of foot (never was, but I've gotten slower), but I am not used to being caught from behind when I run.  So, whenever that happens, it suprises me.  And the guy was not one of the lean, runner types either.  He just was a pretty fit regular-looking guy that was moving faster than I was.  Time to play more golf.

4 weeks 'til Wildflower!

No comments:

Post a Comment