Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Checking a box... happily

The only reason that I have an entry today is that I was able to run nearly 7 miles pain-free today.  I'm hoping that my IT band problems are in the rear-view mirror now.  Between my multiple massages and the foam roller, I have been diligent about trying to get my legs healthy.  So, today was just an aerobic run around Madigan, and I'm simply glad to be able to crank it out without any drama. 

More interesting will be this weekend, when I'm planning to go for an open water swim.  The weather this Spring has been terrible, so water temperatures are kinda cold.  Okay, I'm lying:  they're REALLY COLD!  The buoys on Lake Sammamish and Lake Washington were reading 52 degrees today.  Lake Louise is a lot smaller and a lot shallower, so it should be warmer, but since we only had one day above 60 in April, there's no way it will be 60.  And next weekend, we'll be swimming in American Lake, and my guess (after getting some input from a few people) is that the temperature will also be in the low 50's.  Should be exciting.  What do you know about shrinkage?

No comments:

Post a Comment