Friday, May 27, 2011

Where have I been?

It has been over 2 weeks since I last put in an entry.  Slowly working my way back into shape, but there has been no sense of urgency, so I'm finding it easy to sleep in, and keep my workouts short.  I will likely need a race to show how poor my fitness is before I start getting serious.

I did a tempo run earlier in the week.  It was the first time that I have tried to run fast since the marathon.  Even though it felt pretty hard, I was happy, because I was able to keep 6:30 pace (which is about what I can do these days).

Today was a good day.  I woke up and it was bright and sunny and 80 degrees.  Clearly, I was either delusional or have escaped the interminable rain and cold of the Pacific Northwest.  Fortunately, I am not delusional (or at least don't think I am).  We chose the Memorial Day weekend to escape to Scottsdale, and I met the family at The Good Egg for breakfast.  What a great way to start the day.  I struggled through the run, as I felt sluggish.  Some of that can be attributed to the late night that we had, but since my body hasn't seen 80 degrees since around last October, I figured that was the other reason.  Not complaining at all, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment