Monday, August 22, 2011

The summer of my discontent

Lack of motivation... lack of sense-of-being... frustration that I'm not healed.  It could be all of them. Obviously, I haven't been motivated enough to write anything down, since my last entry was over a month ago.  My longest run has been 5 miles, and I'm fat and out of shape.  Before we left on our trip to California, I decided to make a decision as to whether I would have surgery done, based on how I felt on the trip.  Well... I'm back now, and am going to have the clavicle fixed.  I have an appointment tomorrow with the surgeon, and will set a surgery date then.  Yesterday, the biggest decision was whether I was going to go to San Diego to get it fixed or stay here.  After talking it over with Tracy and Richard (not me, the other Richard... no, I'm not getting all weird and third person-ish on you), I decided I'd stay here, even though I did consider Dave's offer seriously.

I guess the lack of motivation on the trip was that, if I was planning to get it fixed and have to deal with immobility again, what was the point of getting up early just to run slow?  I'm just going to end up in the chair-of-healing again.

On a positive note, at least the vacation was fun, and it was kind of cool running past vineyards.  I even managed to run along part of the Vineman course, and some of the markings were still on the pavement.  Well, that's for another year.

No comments:

Post a Comment