Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Yee-ha!

I started running again.  It has been nearly 8 weeks since my surgery.  I started running last week.  Although I am slow and out of shape, I definitely feel better now that everything is back in place again.  On Monday, I was able to run 4 miles at 7:30 pace, which is the fastest I've run since my accident.  Although it felt a bit strange, it didn't feel all that bad, so I am encouraged by this. 

I was also given the okay to start increasing my range of motion.  After nearly four months of not moving my arm much, it is a bit stiff.  There is definitely a difference between the range of motion on my left and my right.

My Cervelo is back on my trainer now, and I even spent some time on the aerobars last weekend.  It was a bit uncomfortable, but it actually helped to stretch out my shoulder a bit.  Of course, last weekend, I was trying to recover from a not-so-intelligent decision to move some cinder blocks in my backyard.  Long story short, I used some cinder blocks to weight down a couple of buckets that are covering mole traps.  Although I tried to use mostly my left arm, I did have to support part of it with my right, since the blocks are probably around 30 lbs.  My right clavicle started hurting immediately, there was some redness over the scar, and I was a bit freaked out.  Thankfully, it has calmed down and is back to "normal."  Stupid moles.

No comments:

Post a Comment