Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Let the training begin

So I was able to do my weekend workouts in the cold.  It was sunny, so not as bad as it could have been.  After spending 75 minutes on my bike (2 x 12 @ Z4, 1 x 15@ Z3), I headed out for my 20 minute brick run.  Even though it had been 5 months since I ran off the bike, it didn't feel all that terrible.  But I still have a ways to go.  Thankfully, Wildflower is 6 months away.  On Sunday, I decided that I was too lazy to run in the Fort Steilacoom Turkey Trot.  Too bad since we've gotten a turkey the past two years, but since David was out of commission, I helped the boys first, then went out on a run in the gloaming.  2 x 1 mile at 6:30, which was faster than I was supposed to go, but I actually didn't think I was going that fast; I'm hoping that's a good sign.

And I'm now up to 6 pull-ups and 25 push-ups in a set.

No comments:

Post a Comment