Monday, March 4, 2013

It's a long time 'til summer

The weather here has been pretty good.  In truth, winter in the Pacific Northwest has been as mild as I can remember.  Now, that is a relative thing.  I don't like to train in the rain.  If I had my druthers, I'd take colder, drier weather over warmer, rainier weather.  So, I can't complain... much.  Of course, in the past 3 months, I've also spent a week in Hawaii and a week in Arizona.  While the temperature in Arizona was unseasonably cold, and we even had thunder, lightning, and hail on one day (and even snow? was reported), it was still a good bit nicer than it was in the Northwest.  While we were in Arizona, David and I swam on 4 out of 6 days.  Typically, the temperature in the mornings was in the upper 40's-low 50's: 
On the day that we left Arizona, I ran in the morning.  It was 37 degrees, but the sky was clear and blue, and the sun was shining brightly.  I can tell you that 37 degrees in Arizona felt a whole lot warmer than 50 degrees does in the Pacific NW.  My old body also feels a lot better in the Arizona sunshine than in the Pacific NW rain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment