Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Bicycle, bicycle, I want to ride my bicycle

Yesterday was a treat.  85 and sunny in May here in the Pacific Northwest.  I had originally planned to swim after work.  However, since I spent all weekend at the pool, first announcing a swim meet, and then watching a water polo tournament, and it was the nicest weather weekend of the year, I felt that I needed to get outside.  So, I raced hom from work, took my tri bike off the trainer, pumped up the tires, and headed out to enjoy the warm sunshine.

While it was just a short ride, I felt better than I have in a long time on the bike.  It certainly wasn't my fitness, because I have not been riding enough.  And it certainly wasn't my saddle, because I'm still working on finding the right one (perhaps more on that later).  But, the heat and the warm wind did wonders for my outlook.  I'm not sure if it is because I first started riding in Arizona, or whether it is just because my body feels better in the heat, or whether it's just nice to be out in the sun.  All that I know is that, short though it was, yesterday's ride was the best of the year. 

Now, I just need to get into better shape!

No comments:

Post a Comment