Thursday, June 14, 2012

Hacked!

I woke up this morning to find out I couldn't access my e-mails on my phone.  It said my username or password was wrong.  Hmmmm.  I then went onto my computer, and it turned out that someone had hacked my e-mail account.  Great.  So, I sent out hyperlinks to who-knows-what to everyone that is on my contact list. 

I sat there and contemplated a couple of questions:  1.  Why would somebody do this?  Clearly, it isn't for the notoriety, since the hyperlink was just to some random piece-of-garbage website.  2.  What's the point?  Just to make life a little bit more problematic, and create some uneasiness about how secure you feel about life in general?  Well, that worked. 

I'm not sure what's more frustrating to me:  the fact that I feel just a bit more vulnerable and violated, or the fact that some bozo has nothing better to do with their time or intelligence than to create random mischief.

So, today's title is a double entendre.

No comments:

Post a Comment