Thursday, June 30, 2011

Learning to be (a) patient

Two days ago was my first day back to some semblance of exercise after the accident.  I went to the gym to ride a stationary recumbent bike.  Since that morning was the first time that I was able to put on a t-shirt, I figured that I might as well get some exercise.  After nearly stopping and going home after trying to get changed in the locker room (learned the right and wrong way to put on a pullover shirt), I headed to the cycling room.  Next door, there was a spin or exercise class that was pumping out hip-hop at a earth shattering volume.  And directly in front of me was a monitor tuned to Fox News.  Great.  I was going to be visually and aurally assaulted for the duration of my ride.  30 minutes later, I was moderately sweaty and had enough.  Not bad for a first ride, but I definitely will be bringing my own entertainment to the next session.

I have set up my 'cross bike on the Computrainer at home, but have not tried it out yet.  My back is still spasm-ing up by the end of the day, so I'm not sure how it will tolerate being on a road bike.  At least it's there ready for me.  Of bigger concern is my tri bike.  The crankset appears to now be rubbing on the chainstay.  It may simply need a spacer, but I'm concerned that my power meter got bent during the fall... which would definitely ruin my day.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Still sleeping in a recliner...

No comments:

Post a Comment