Monday, March 14, 2011

5 weeks to go!

Not that I'm panicking again, but I should be on the downside of my training.  Notice the "should."   Last night, I looked at my shoes  from the Saturday downpour; after 12 hours on the shoe dryer and another 18 or so sitting in the garage, they were still wet!  Back onto the shoe dryer they went.  When I looked at the amount of rain that fell, only .3" was recorded.  Really?!  It sure seemed like a lot more than that.  Yesterday was a day off for me, so my body got a chance to recover.  Today was going to be an easy run after work, but I found out there were a couple of crises that needed my attention.  My boys are much less compulsive than I am.  With several days left until a big solo recital, Ryan is still trying to learn the music.  And David was supposed to play duets with him, but decided to start looking at the music today.  Now... I have always been able to sight-read my way through a lot of things, but that comes at the expense of my ability to play by ear.  Conversely, David can play nearly anything by ear, but his ability to read music, much less sight-read, suffers because of that.  So, as can be expected, the duets did not go so well.  Maybe the kids are learning to wait until the last moment from their dear old Dad.  After all, I am cramming for a marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment