Friday, March 4, 2011

Dodging raindrops

Yesterday's run was supposed to be just a fairly easy short (5 mile) run.  I had planned on doing this after work.  As I was walking out to drop off my stuff at the car, it started pouring.  The rain was also nearly coming down sideways.  After I got to my car, I realized that the run would not be happening at that particular time.  Driving home, I was told by the newscasters on the radio that March 3rd is historically the stormiest day of the year.  No kidding.  My change of plan was to ride on the trainer inside; not a run, but at least I would get something done.  The newscasters then said that the squall line was headed north, and the weather pattern, although very unstable, should be lightening up.  As I got home, the rain stopped.  I checked in with the boys, changed my socks (which were soaked from walking out to my car), and headed off for my easy run... in my new shoes, which, by the way, were still wet.  They felt pretty good, and my run was uneventful.  Of course, it started to rain as I headed home, but I'm much better to tolerate the rain if it happens during, rather than before, my run.  Something about heading out into a rainstorm is unappealing to me.  I'm not sure if I would have headed out if Tracy hadn't "suggested" I should go.

Now, I'm a bit stressed about the Temple's Sukiyaki dinner fundraiser.  I couldn't say no when I was asked, and now I'm hoping it goes well.  Kind of strange to be a Taiwanese in charge of a Japanese sukiyaki dinner, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment