Saturday, March 5, 2011

Dancing in the dark

I spent most of the day at the Temple, burning up nervous energy prior to the sukiyaki dinner.  I keep thinking that I need to be doing something, but most of it is being done by the various chairpeople.  I've always been a "hands-on" leader, so to delegate things is difficult for me.  By the time I finished all of the updating of files, it was heading towards dusk.  I needed to get my interval workout in, so off I headed to Steilacoom High School for my 1000's.  My goal was 3:45-3:50, as they were supposed to be at 5k pace.  Yes, the pace I had chosen was a bit optimistic, but I figured I could make them, since I can always go faster on the track.  I could read my watch for the first two, and they were 3:50 and 3:48, after checking my 400 and 800 splits.  I was supposed to take a 2 minute recovery after each, but after jogging a 200, I was at 1:20, so I jogged for a bit, and took off.  Then, it got too dark to read my watch, so no splits.  In fact, it was dark enough that I could just barely make out the numbers.  #3 was in 3:44, so I was descending which was good.  #4 and #5 were both 3:4x (couldn't read the last number), but I figured that as long as I was somewhere in the 3:4x range, I was okay.  When I got home, I found out it was 3:47 and 3:46, which was reasonable. I jogged home and had a nice dinner, again feeling that I earned my beer tonight.  My new Sauconys are working well, and definitely aren't causing the discomfort that the DS Trainers were, so I'm going to try to sell the DS Trainers.   I'm guessing that any run tomorrow will be difficult, due to the sukiyaki dinner, but today's run was a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment