Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today

For once, I decided not to procrastinate, and it worked out well.  Okay, when I don't procrastinate, things USUALLY work out well; the trick is to NOT procrastinate, and that's something I have difficulty with.  Perfect example is that I'm kind of cramming for my marathon.  Well, yesterday was supposed to be my track day.  I had planned on either heading over to the Fort Lewis track at Noon, or, if it was nasty outside, doing my intervals on (shudder!) the treadmill.  Due to circumstances beyond my control, my morning clinic ended at 1:30, so the Noon run was out.  I decided to wait until I got home and then head to the Steilacoom HS track. 

After working with Ryan on his music, Tracy and David got home, so I told them I was heading to the track.  There was a light rain falling, and I contemplated doing a bike trainer session instead and leaving the track for a later day, but, since I had heard that the weather was supposed to be really nasty for the rest of the week, I headed out.  The rain let up enough that I was able to do my intervals without getting too wet.  Traction was a bit on the iffy side, because I could hear my shoes squeaking a bit.  It's a poor excuse for running my 600's slow, but I'm sticking with it.  I got through my 5 x 600's and felt okay.  As I was jogging home, my left knee started tightening up a bit.  I figured it was due to the turned ankle (x 2) on Sunday, so I got home and iced it.  Since I didn't get my post-long run beer on Sunday, I helped myself to one, rationalizing that, even though it was a weekday, I earned one from Sunday's run as well as from my track workout.  I know that I shouldn't have to rationalize drinking one beer, but I usually don't drink on "school days."

When I drove into work this morning, I was happy with my choice of doing my track workout yesterday.  It's pretty miserable out today, with the wind whipping and the rain falling sideways.  I'm going to try and sit on my bike later today, and maybe even pedal a little bit. 

Less than 3 weeks left! Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment