Friday, April 1, 2011

Running with BOB

I had the rare opportunity to run with BOB yesterday.  Who is BOB?   A better question is:  What is BOB?  I'll give you a hint:  I run with BOB often when I'm in Arizona.  Yup, BOB is the big orange ball in the sky who put in a much needed appearance in the Pacific Northwest yesterday.   It was a nice day without rain, shockingly enough.  Yesterday was supposed to be an easy 5 mile recovery run, and for the most part, it was.  My legs felt sufficiently good that I picked it up towards the end; picking it up was relative, because when I looked at my watch at the end, it wasn't very fast.  This is starting to be a recurring theme, and I think I need to resign myself to it.  I'm rethinking my goal pace for the marathon, so that I can have a good race without blowing up too early.  Of course, I'm still hoping for my breakthrough, but I don't think it's gonna happen. 

I do think I am fortunate that I am still able to run.  Regardless of the pace, the fact that I'm still putting one foot in front of the other on a regular basis after 30+ years of running makes me feel like I've been pretty lucky. 

17 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment