Sunday, April 17, 2011

Tomorrow... you're only a day away

I awoke this AM to blustery wind and rain.  It was similar to last year on the day before the Surf City Marathon, although the rain wasn't nearly as bad.  Still, because I remember struggling to get my shoes and socks dry, I decided to run on the treadmill.  3 miles later, I was done and ready for some breakfast.  After some fruitless searching for a McDonald's (none in this area?  Really?), I gave up and went to Starbuck's for oatmeal and coffee.  Then, it was off for some final souvenir shopping.  I ventured into the Expo and it was total chaos in the Adidas section.  People were having a last buying (feeding?) frenzy.  I managed to escape with my credit card (mostly) intact.  After watching some mindless TV, it was off to the Mapparium.  What is the Mapparium?  It is a 30 foot high globe of the Earth, which is made of stained glass and that you can look at from the inside.  This is at the Mary Baker Eddy library, which is the home of The Christian Science Monitor.  While I won't comment on the philosophy of the The Christian Science Monitor, the Mapparium was interesting.  Then, it was back to the room to put my feet up and get ready for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment