Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Waiting Game

5 days to go.  It's raining again.  As Gomer Pyle used to say, "Surprise, surprise, surprise, surprise."  Yesterday, I had a good run.  I say good, because my IT band only acted up a little bit.  And most importantly, it was actually nice while I was running.  I woke up and went to get a last massage before the race.  After that, my IT band felt great without any pain.  It tightened up a bit during the morning, but I set out at Noon for my run.   My schedule said 7 miles with 2 miles at marathon pace.  Well... considering my current plan is to run 7:30 pace (seems more reasonable given the condition of my legs and my training), I figured that this run should feel pretty easy.  My inability to pace showed through again.  After warming up at 7:51, I then proceeded to run 7:28, 7:18, 7:13, 7:27, then 7:39 and 7:37.  So, my two miles were significantly faster than marathon pace, and my IT band tightened up a bit more during the run.  I'm hoping that I'll run smarter in Boston, and that my IT band won't complain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment