Friday, April 15, 2011

The waiting is the hardest part

I awoke this morning to a very chilly, but sunny day.  I headed off for a short run along the Charles River.  My IT band was very grumpy, so my run was not very enjoyable.  After stopping at Finagle a Bagel to pick up a chocolate chip bagel with peanut butter, I went back to my room via Starbuck's to stretch and work on my IT band.  It finally loosened up after some time, making me a bit worried about how it's going to respond in 3 days time.  I spent the day with my aunt sightseeing; first we stopped off for some Dim Sum in Chinatown, then headed to Harvard Medical School to wander about.  She then drove me to the hills of Newton where I tried to imagine climbing up Heartbreak Hill.
(the top)

 (looking down the hill)
  Actually, the uphill part is not what is worrying me at the moment; instead it's the downhill after the hill that concerns me, due to to IT band.  Then, it was off to see the statue of Johnny Kelley in Newton.

All in all, it was a pretty relaxing day, so it gave me a chance to think about the marathon a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment